The MEDRVA Foundation’s purpose is to expand medical knowledge and access in Central Virginia. To fulfill that purpose, the MEDRVA Foundation’s summer program for area high school juniors and seniors, MEDRVA Scholars, acts to encourage interest in healthcare professions and community service. The MEDRVA Scholars program is designed to give students:
- An immersive experience in rotations through busy healthcare settings
- Personalized leadership training
- Access to and interaction with community leaders
- An introduction to nonprofit governance
- A hands-on group project designed to exercise newly developed skills and knowledge
This week long program will be open to 12 students, selected for their academic achievements and interest in exploring healthcare as a potential profession. Participants will receive:
- Personalized set of scrubs
- Daily lunches & breakfast
- Program graduation certificate
- Potential to receive a personalized letter of recommendation for inclusion in college applications
Applications will open on February 6, 2023 and will be accepted through April 14, 2023, or until the seats are full.
The week long program will begin on Monday, July 17, and end on Friday, July 21. There is no session on Friday July 15. The program will begin promptly at 9:00am and end no later than 4:30pm.
Applicants will be notified by May 1, 2023 of acceptance in the program.